Monday, May 31, 2010

Shaping Stands



With the deck glued on, I started building my shaping stands. This is a fun little side project. A word of caution about the Grain manual and the directions provided for them, there is scant little information other than the obvious - you will need wood, make sure the stands are stable and sturdy, and pad them. I guess the construction of these helpful little devices doesn't need a lot of explanation and it leaves room for creativity. I made the stands this afternoon and now I need to cement them in five gallon buckets and add the padding.

I had to order a spoke shave the other day. Why would I have to order one? There are two Home Depots, one Ace Hardware, and three specialty tool shops in town and none of them had a spoke shave. Most of them didn't even know what a spoke shave was. I'm waiting on that tool and then I can begin shaping the rails.

No comments:

Post a Comment